NBIA/State Association Joint Scholarship Program
The National Business Incubation Association (NBIA) has partnered again
with state business incubation associations to sponsor NBIA/State Association
Joint Scholarships for the 22nd International Conference on Business
Incubation. Scholarship recipients receive conference registration to
attend the 22nd International Conference on Business Incubation in San
Antonio May 4-7.
Scholarship recipients are responsible for all travel, lodging, meals
(outside of any meals included in the conference registration fee) and
other expenses associated with attending the conference.
The recipients of this year’s conference scholarships and their
participating state associations are:
- Stan Turner of the Cape Fear Regional Community
Development Corp., sponsored by the North Carolina Business
- Martin Casstevens of the University at Buffalo Office
of Science, Technology Transfer, and Economic Outreach (STOR), sponsored
by the Business Incubator Association of New York State
- Suzanne Harper of the EDGE Center, sponsored by
the Florida Business Incubation Association
- Rick Roeser of the Wisconsin Business Innovation
Corp., sponsored by the Wisconsin Business Incubation Association
NBIA International Conference on Business Incubation
Thanks to the generous support received during the Silent Auction at
NBIA’s 21st International Conference on Business Incubation in
Seattle, NBIA will has awarded 10 scholarships for the 2008 conference
in San Antonio. The scholarships reduce the conference registration
fee to $89 for recipients. Note: These scholarships are available for
first-time attendees only.
The recipients of this year’s conference scholarships
- Cherie Beasley of Kitchen Food Ventures in Long
- Ama Omaa Boateng of Ghanaian High-Tech Women in
- Gary Corcoran of the Van Wert Area Business Innovation
Center in Van Wert, Ohio
- Julie Gustafson of the Amoskeag Business Incubator
in Manchester, N.H.
- Jim Hill of the Entrepreneurs’ Center in Dayton,
- Tara Mastel of the Jefferson Local Development Corp.
in Whitehall, Mont.
- Donna Osborne of the Concho Valley Center for Entrepreneurial
Development in San Angelo, Texas
- Lee Smithson of the Stiller Centre in London, Ontario,
- Jennifer Williamon of the Northeast Alabama Entrepreneurial
System in Anniston, Ala.
- Lynn Wilson of the Rogers State University Innovation
Center in Claremore, Okla.