NBIA/State Association Joint Scholarship Program
NBIA has again partnered with state business incubation associations to sponsor NBIA/state association joint scholarships for the 25th International Conference on Business Incubation. Because the joint scholarships are underwritten by both NBIA and the state associations, recipients receive free registration to attend NBIA's 2011 conference.
The recipients of this year's conference scholarships and their participating state associations are:
- Robert Aldrich of the Ben Craig Center, sponsored by the North Carolina Business Incubators Association
- Natalia Arguello of the New York Designs Business Center, sponsored by the Business Incubator Association of New York State
- Daniel Bowser of the Center for Advanced Technology and Innovation, and Thomas Shircel of the Village of Pleasant Prairie, Wis., both sponsored by the Wisconsin Business Incubation Association
- Lydia Charles of the Southern University at New Orleans Small Business Incubator, sponsored by the Louisiana Business Incubation Association
- Jacob Zoske of the Beaver Street Enterprise Center, sponsored by the Florida Business Incubation Association
NBIA International Conference on Business Incubation Scholarship
NBIA has awarded five scholarships for the 25th International Conference on Business Incubation in San Jose. A panel of NBIA members selected the five scholarship winners from among all applicants. The scholarships help NBIA members to attend the conference for the first time and reap the benefits of the knowledge and networking it provides.
The recipients of this year's conference scholarships are:
- Jeff Allen of the Sustainable Valley Technology Group in Medford, Ore.
- Margaret Butler of the South Side Innovation Center in Syracuse, N.Y.
- Oscar Fernandez Larios of ITESO in Tlaquepaque, Mexico
- Mindi Roylance of the Casper Area Business Innovation Center in Casper, Wyo.
- Larry Waye of Decatur-Morgan County Entrepreneurial Center in Decatur, Ala.