Frequently Asked Questions
- I’m new to the incubation industry. Should I attend the conference?
- I’m registered for the conference. Can I bring a friend/spouse/family member?
- What should I wear to the conference?
- I registered but cannot find my receipt. How can I get a new one?
- Can I add or change a tour or Preconference Institute workshop after I’ve already registered?
- I would like to register for the conference but need an invoice first to do so. Can you provide one?
- Can I register for the Preconference Institute only?
- One of the people my incubation program would like to send to the conference is not included on our NBIA membership. Can I add them to receive the discounted member registration rate?
- I will be traveling to the United States from another country to attend the conference and need to obtain a nonimmigrant visitor's visa. How do I apply for one?
- Do you offer scholarships for conference registration?
Each year, about one-third of our audience are either first-time attendees or in the process of developing an incubator. We have about 60 sessions at the conference, and we make sure the program offers an abundance of choices for everyone, from those just starting out to those who have decades of experience. Rest assured, no matter your level of experience in the industry, you will have plenty of excellent session choices at the event!
Yes, you can register a guest for a $295 fee that covers admittance to conference meals and receptions. Guest registration is available only for those who have no relationship to the incubation industry. It does not include admittance to the tours that require additional sign-up and payment for general conference attendees. If guests wish to attend those tours, they must pay the nonmember fee to do so.
Attire for the event is business casual, although attendees wear everything from jeans and polo shirts to suits and ties. We suggest you wear what is comfortable for you.
I registered but cannot find my receipt. How can I get a new one?
You can save or print a new receipt by logging in on NBIA’s homepage and clicking the Online Store tab from the top menu. Be sure you are signed in using your NBIA log-in information. Next, click on My Transactions on the left-hand side of the page and select Paid Receipts from the dropdown menu. You will see a list of all your paid NBIA orders. Select the one you wish to see.
To add or change a tour or Preconference Institute workshop on your registration, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (740) 593-4331. Please note that registration for the tours and preconference workshops is limited and accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Full payment in U.S. currency must accompany all registration forms. Registration requests will not be processed until payment is received.
Yes, it is it is possible to register for the Preconference Institute workshops and not also sign up for the conference. There is an additional $75 administrative fee to do so. Note that if you register for two Preconference Institute workshops you are eligible to receive a $100 discount on conference registration. Click here to learn more.
Our Member Services Department can discuss with you options for adding that person to your current membership or, if necessary, upgrading your membership to include additional individuals. Contact them at email@example.com or (740) 593-9887.
NBIA advises visa applicants to start the approval process at least three months in advance of the event. Click here for more information and to request an official letter of invitation.
NBIA awards several scholarships for the conference each year. Only NBIA members are eligible for these scholarships. A panel of NBIA members selects the scholarship winners from among all applicants. These $500 scholarships help the NBIA members to attend the conference for the first time and reap the benefits of the knowledge and networking it provides. We accept applications until Feb. 28, 2014. Click here for more information, or contact our Member Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t see answers to your questions? E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at (740) 593-4331.