One of the most powerful and lasting benefits of NBIA's Summit for Advanced Incubation Professionals is the sharing of innovative solutions for the ever-evolving business incubation industry. These innovations are needed today more than ever, as the challenges facing our industry increase during difficult economic times.
To further inspire the exchange of ideas at the 2012 Summit for Advanced Incubation Professionals, Feb. 5 – 7 in Tampa, Fla., NBIA has created the Summit Showdown. In this contest, summit participants can share their program innovations and have them evaluated in a mock investor-pitch setting. The Showdown promises to be fun and informative, and most importantly, the winner of the Summit Showdown gets a free registration to NBIA's 26th International Conference on Business Incubation in Atlanta in May … and a free hotel suite at the event.
How the Summit Showdown works:
- Enter your program's best innovation by answering a few questions at www.surveymonkey.com/s/5HN2J96 by Jan. 20, 2012.
- A panel of industry experts will select the top six innovations to be presented during the summit.
- These six finalists will pitch their innovation to a group of "investors," a randomly selected group of summit participants. Following the pitch, the panel will have an opportunity to ask questions. Each innovator will present to a new group of investors.
- The finalists have 10 minutes to pitch their innovation and can use slides if they so choose.
- At the end of the pitch, each investor will have the opportunity to "invest" in the innovation, designating its value from $100-$1,000 in fake cash.
- The innovation that raises the most money will win a free registration to NBIA's 26th International Conference on Business Incubation in Atlanta in May … and a free hotel suite at the event.