Using the Listserv
NBIA’s Member Listserv is a member service designed to facilitate the sharing of expertise and experience among members. Once you have joined NBIA's Listserv, you can send messages to the group by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Pay close attention when replying to messages from the listserv. When you only want to reply to the original sender and not the entire e-mail group, make sure you change the receipient e-mail address.
Before sending any messages to the listserv, NBIA asks that you please read and follow the rules below.
- Do not post commercial advertising — not even by nonprofit organizations.
- Overtly promoting your own products or services is inappropriate and generally NOT permitted.
- Requesting information on options and sources for products or services, or responding to such requests with recommendations and where they may be obtained, IS permitted.
- Public-service announcements of new publications, grants or other resources ARE permitted.
- In general, do not attach files to messages. Including a hyperlink to a file or information is preferable. Large files can lock up some computers — and some subscribers pay directly for receiving and storing messages.
- NBIA is an international organization. Let’s be tolerant of each other and our cultural differences. Flaming or other abusive language destroys an atmosphere promoting an open exchange of information.
- Consider carefully before submitting a reply to the entire list; often it’s more appropriate to send e-mail directly to the individual who posted. Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals — not to the entire list.
- Do not post anything that is not original unless it meets the "fair use" guidelines of copyright law, or unless you have permission from the original source.
- Personal or confidential information about others, or personal communications between individuals are not appropriate.
- Messages whose content, were it posted, could present legal problems for NBIA or NBIA subscribers are not acceptable.
- Please identify yourself with full contact information — your name, title, organization, address, telephone, e-mail and URL — at the bottom of your posting. A standard e-mail signature is fine.